image credit: g/NicoElNino/shutterstock.com
93% of online experiences start with search engines like Google or Bing. The person knows what they want to search for, but does not initially have a specific website in mind. This is where the search engine steps in to help give them some guidance to find the right website.
This is why it is so important that your website appears in search results. Otherwise, your website will never be found by users. One of the best ways is by having a quality company blog.
Many internet users rely on blogs to learn information and gain knowledge on different topics.
77% of internet users report they read blogs regularly.
84% of businesses have a content marketing strategy.
Keep reading to learn five tips to drive more traffic to your website through blogging content marketing!
1. Create a Content Marketing Strategy
Creating a content marketing strategy is the first step of any successful blog. This strategy consists of planning to grow your target audience through content that is educational and engaging. They need to learn, but at the same time, they must enjoy the content they are reading/viewing.
Follow these steps to develop a successful content marketing strategy!
- Know your customers! The content you are creating is for your customers, so it is important that you know who they are and what they want. Try to think about how your brand can solve their problems and why they need you. One way to comprehend your audience is with a customer advisory board, where they can give you feedback. Who else can give you a better explanation about your customers than your customers themselves?
- Determine what information to share with your consumers. Put yourself in their shoes and think like them! This will help you realize the customer journey and how you can make it an easier path for them. To start with this, create a buyer persona for your target audience. You need to understand their actions during each stage of their buying journey, including before and after making a purchase. Think about what problems they are trying to solve and how you could help them address these problems.
- Word it right! Once you know what you are going to share with your audience, you need to properly communicate with them. Think about your method, maybe you can tell it through a story, or maybe an infographic. Also, make sure your tone matches how you want them to think of you. Communicating your information is just as important as distributing it
2. create goal-focused posts
Blog posts need to be relevant and have a purpose. If your audience cannot find value in your blogs, they will not be effective and will be no help in reaching your long-term marketing goals.
It is also important to create a call to action, to encourage them to take one step further after reading. Some call-to-action examples could be to get them to subscribe to a newsletter, visit your website, contact your company, or find out more by reading your other blogs.
Once you determine what your audience wants to know, write a blog around that topic and inform the readers how your company can help. This will allow you to provide relevant information as well as achieve your own marketing goals such as promoting your company and gaining awareness.
Key Content Goals For 2022
According to Semrush’s recent survey the key content goals marketers want to achieve are to:
- Increase brand awareness: 45%
- Drive more traffic to their sites: 37%
- Use content marketing to generate more leads: 36%
- Increase revenue and sales: 27%
- Improve customer loyalty and engagement: 28%
Blogs are the perfect tool to use to help achieve these goals!
3. define your target audience
In order to write a blog post that your audience will enjoy and find useful, you first need to define who your target audience is.
How to Determine Your Target Audience
Follow these tips to get a better understanding of who your target audience is:
- Analyze your existing customer base. The best way to find out who to target is to know who is already using your products or services. You can use surveys or social media engagement to discover your existing customer's ages, genders, geographical information, behaviors and interests, and their attitudes towards your company.
- Analyze your competitors. Along with your customers, it is just as important to know who your competitors are. Who are they targeting and what is their message? Looking at their methods can help you improve your own.
- Create a buyer persona. You can create a buyer persona for each target audience group that you have. Create this persona based on all the information you have learned from your customer analysis. This will help you keep track of who you want to be targeting.
Once you do know your audience you will understand how to best communicate with them. For example, when reaching out to potential customers, you can impress them with customization and show that you appreciate them and their business.
4. Track analytics to analyze your performance
Once you are set with providing quality content, it is crucial to make sure your website visitors or blog viewers convert. Analyzing performance is a great way to find if they are converting and what is making them convert. Analyzing and tracking numbers show you which blog posts were successful, and which ones were not. Then you can produce more similar to the successful ones, and stay away from ones that don't work for your company. You can use the analytics and insights you gain to improve your blogging content marketing strategy. In the long run, analytics will be the most helpful tool in discovering what hooks the audience in and what will lead them to your website and through the sales process.
5. be consistent and update your content
When it comes to blogging, consistency is key! Your content quality, quantity, and schedule should always be consistent in order to stay well organized and prevent any confusion for your audience.
This strategy will build trust and loyalty and show customers that you are committed to publishing blogs for them to learn from. Along with having consistent content, it should also be updated every so often to make sure it stays accurate.
Why Is This Important?
Everything from trends and habits to technologies is continuously changing over time and it is important that your content always fits the current style. What worked for your blogs 10 years ago will not be as effective today, and what works today might not work a few years in the future. You need to provide updated and current information at all times, so it is necessary to always edit anything that is outdated.
By updating your blogs and always providing current information, your audience will know they can trust your company for solutions or anything they need to know. This will result in a positive relationship between your brand and customers, as well as a positive brand perception.
6. take your blogging to the next level
Use your blog posts to educate readers, entertain them, and deliver solutions to their problems. Blog content can help form a loyal target audience full of potential customers who will trust your brand and become loyal customers as well. To achieve your marketing goals, you need to invest in a company blog.
Contact Thinkdm2 to learn more about how we can help you create and publish an effective and high-quality blog, so you can attract your customers and present beneficial information to them!