image credit: g/GaudiLab/shutterstock.com
Content marketing comes with an abundance of benefits which is why the B2B market is more crowded than ever! The average budget for content marketing efforts is $185,000 per year and nearly half of B2B marketers reported they expect their budget to increase in the next year. Because of all of this competition, you need a marketing strategy that will drive traffic, generate new leads, build trust for your brand, engage your audience, and inspire them to take action. You also need to produce content that stands out and proves your company is better than competing companies.
What are the top content creation challenges?
- Speed: Creating content quickly and consistently is important to meet the demands of your audience and stakeholders. This can be challenging if your company does not have enough content creators or enough resources to produce content efficiently.
- Engagement: Content must stand out and capture the viewer’s attention. Therefore it must be interesting, interactive, and provide a positive experience. If it is not engaging, you will lose your audience and potential clients.
- Measuring Content Effectiveness: It is crucial that marketers are able to measure and understand their content’s performance and how it is being perceived by the target audience. If you cannot measure your content, you will not know what type of content will be the most successful.
- Personalization: Content that is personalized allows for building stronger relationships with the target audience. In order to do this, you must really know who your audience is and what they want from your content.
how to overcome the top content creation challenges
1. Speed: Produce Consistent B2B Content at a Fast Pace
Many companies have small marketing departments. In fact, 52% of B2Bs only have one employee working on their marketing efforts. With such few people working on producing content, of course, speed, and producing this content quickly is going to be an issue.
Speed up your B2B content creation by understanding how your content strategy. Does your content evenly cater to all customers at any stage in the buyer journey, and does it lead them down the sales funnel? If you know what content you need to make and what actions you want your audience to take after interacting with your content, it will make the process much easier and faster.
Some other tips to overcome the challenge of quickly producing content include:
- Asking other teams, besides the marketing team to create content.
- Understand your content and business goals
- Create a content production and distribution schedule
2. Engagement: Create Engaging, Interactive Content
The format of the content is very important when it comes to the engagement of the content. Certain formats allow for more engagement and interactive experiences for the audience than others. Users want to do more with their content than just read it. This can get boring and lead them off of your site. Interactive content keeps them engaged and entertained, and allows them to explore it more.
The format and design of your content should enhance the information, capture attention, and lead them to take action. Try using a digital format or including many visuals!
3. Measuring Content Effectiveness: Understand how compelling your content really is
According to the Content Marketing Institute, 80% of B2B marketers use metrics to measure content performance, 65% have established KPIs, and 43% measure content marketing ROI. Knowing the effectiveness of your content will help you continue to create more successful content in the future and show you any mistakes that you might have been making. Therefore, it is important to know which metrics to look at. This can be difficult, as there are so many. Look at metrics that reflect your audience and show their actions. Use metrics to understand their relationship and experience with the content. The right metrics will allow you to update your content in real-time, learn what content and formats work the best with your audience, which sales prospects to target, when to target them, how to divide the budget, and how to increase efficiency.
4. Personalization: Build deeper relationships with target audiences through content
What topics are your audiences looking for? What problems are they trying to solve? Knowing information about your audience and what specifically they want from your content will help you create more personalized content for them. The best way to do this is to create buyer personas and implement a buyer’s journey. These will help you overcome the challenge of personalization.
Personalization does not just mean including a prospect’s name in an email, but rather it means presenting content to them that offers solutions to their specific problems and information that relates directly to them. If they find value in your content, they are more likely to interact and share the content, making it more successful in driving traffic to your site.
Overcoming these challenges of speed, engagement, metrics, and personalization is not easy. However, following these tips can help you improve your content strategy and gain more success. If you need more help, contact Thinkdm2!