image source: Rawpixel.com/shutterstock.com
Branding has changed a lot with the growth of digital over the past decade or so—and many marketers would say it’s been for the better! Your digital marketing company has several options when it comes to expanding its reach and growing an audience for its brand online. Whether it’s from direct interactions with customers on social media or simply optimizing your website and content, it’s critical to have brand awareness. Here are tips your digital marketing company can follow to build brand awareness online.
Maintain an active presence on social media
In order for more people to know and understand your brand—including its personality and mission statement—your digital marketing company must give them opportunities to interact with it. This is where building a social media strategy can provide some great benefits for your brand awareness. It allows you to keep in touch with your target audience and share content that’s not only informative and helpful but also builds thought leadership for your brand.
However, it’s important to be aware of just how often you’re posting to social media. Too many posts can oversaturate your company’s social media page; this can have the opposite effect of what you’d want to see; instead of your audience clicking all the interesting posts you’re sharing, there will be so many options that they won’t even know what to click in the first place! It helps to split up your posting so you aren’t just focusing on promoting your company’s brand. At least 1-2 times per week, you should share relevant posts from influencers and thought leaders in your industry.
Here are two more strategies you can use to grow brand awareness on social media:
- Encourage your own team members to like and comment on influencer posts—whether they are ones you’ve shared as well or otherwise. This can help spark some discussions among your current followers and also shows that your company as a whole is keeping up with the latest in your industry.
- Try running targeted ad campaigns—such as LinkedIn’s paid advertising options—to promote one of your company’s content pieces or other service offerings. You can even break down your target audience for the campaign, based on the size of the company, the industry, a person’s job title, and more!
Optimize your digital marketing website so potential leads can discover it
Odds are, when someone finds out about your brand online, they are doing so through a search engine—most likely Google! For example, some searches to find a company like thinkdm2 may be “b2b marketing agencies in New Jersey,” or something a bit more specific, “New Jersey b2b marketing agencies specializing in professional services.” It’s true that Google updates its algorithms very often, but optimizing your website is still beneficial to help bring more attention to your company’s brand online.
To ensure your website is in top shape to showcase your brand to the world, you’ll want to follow these quick tips.
- Connect similar webpages on your website. This helps build your credibility in search engines since they will recognize that your company has multiple pages related to a specific topic. If your digital marketing company is using topic clusters, be sure to link related content back to your pillar pages.
- Remove broken links from your website, as this has a negative influence on your website’s credibility. The most common broken links that go unnoticed are ones linking to webpages that no longer exist—such as when you unpublish an outdated, underperforming blog post from your website. Likewise, you should also set up redirects when removing pages from your website. For example, if you decide to update a blog post and remove the original version, set up a redirect so the previous link won’t lead to an error page.
- Check all of your webpages for proper loading times—whether it’s on desktop or mobile. This can make a huge impact if users are going to be finding your website organically and end up reaching a page that fails to load. According to HubSpot, The first 5 seconds of page-load time have the greatest impact on conversion rates. A website’s conversion rate will drop by an average of 4.42% with each additional second of load time.
Request reviews and feedback from your current clients
This may be more tricky than the previous strategies, but it’s certainly effective. By collaborating with a partner from your industry, you provide further opportunities to promote your content and build brand awareness—and it’s mutually beneficial too!
If you have an audience for your brand, encourage them to help spread the word about your company’s services through simple accolades, online reviews, or even via company case studies. Likewise, you should also gain feedback from your current audience so you’ll know what needs to improve in order to attract new prospects.
Referrals can be another great way to bring awareness to your brand. Spread the word about your brand through guest blogging and commenting on trending social media posts and articles in your industry. By providing more opportunities for people to learn about your brand—without feeling too pushy—you’ll help grow brand awareness in a way that feels more natural.
Building brand awareness is all about showcasing your brand in the right places and to the right people. With these strategies, your digital marketing company can increase its reach and engagement with its brand online. For more branding tips from thinkdm2, check out some of our latest blog content. Thinkdm2 is a b2b digital marketing and branding agency located in New Jersey that specializes in the technology and professional services industries.